Friday, April 4, 2008

Thing 9: Online Collaboration Tools

The web 2.0 collaboration tools are great to work in group on a determined project. One feature is that it allows you to create online documents or upload them from the computer. Then you are able to edit, format, and save it. Also it let you share the document by permission with other persons, and they can modify it at the same time.

After I look at the ZOHO Writer which I consider a little complicated and it seems to me more appropriate for people who need more features to do their documents. I decided to work with Google Docs because I found it to be a user friendly interface. It was very easy to use. Actually I uploaded a document that I previously wrote in Microsoft Word, and then I started to do changes in fonts and formats and then saved it. As a practice I shared my web document with my other e-mail account and then I got a link to open the document in that e-mail account. That was great!

No comments: