Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Thing 13: Online Productivity Tools

In online productivity tools, first I worked to customize my home page. I decided to work with Yahoo Home Page because I already have an account. Then I took advantage of the features that My Yahoo provides me and I set up my personal assistant that includes my email, bookmarks, weather, etc. Secondly, I created my online calendar, and if I want to I can share it. Also I added a module for notes to my home page . Everything with my home page was seamless. I am going to keep this Yahoo home page as my personal home page. In addition I went to the backpack tools and I didn’t want to create a new account. I found in My Yahoo the features that are enough for me.

I realize that these online productivity tools would be nice to use in libraries as a web home page. At this moment the academic library where I am working has a very nice home page made with fabulous links and a neat presentation which are made by specific personnel. Also, I use a Microsoft Calendar at work, which was set up when I got my e-mail.

I learned with these online productivity tools how to organize my information in one place and how to use and manage it from any online computer. It’s amazing.

No comments: