Monday, April 7, 2008

Thing 12: Did you Digg?

The social media sites allow the readers to select what kind of information, news or stories they are interested in. Today I have been spending a lot of time going to the sites and I have a concluded that they provide similar information services to the readers. Through these social media sites the readers can select what topics are appropriate for their use. Digg provides a lot of news, videos and images. This site allows you to leave comments and also it has the option of sharing. Mixx also shows a lot of popular photos, news, entertainment and tech stories with a link to share them and you can vote for it. I like this link because you can set it to deliver the news directly to your bookmark. These social media sites could help my productivity at my work or in my personal interests. Especially good are Reddit and Newsvine. They provide the information in a way that I can select easily the topics of my preferences. Reddit offers a link to choose by subject (such as science, entertainment, gaming etc.), and then you can select through it. And Newsvine is a more conventional window and it is a friendly site. In the tools bar you can select what kind of news you would like by subject, such as sports, politics, science, and also you can select national, international and regional news. Also, if the readers want, they can sign up for this site.

No comments: